The PMBS20 workshop is concerned with the comparison of high-performance computer systems through performance modeling, benchmarking or through the use of tools such as simulators.
We are particularly interested in research which reports the ability to measure and make trade-offs in software/hardware co-design to improve sustained application performance. We are also keen to capture the assessment of future systems, for example through work that ensures continued application scalability through peta- and exa-scale systems.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers, from industry and academia, concerned with the qualitative and quantitative evaluation and modeling of high-performance computing systems. Authors are invited to submit novel research in all areas of performance modeling, benchmarking and simulation, and we welcome research that brings together current theory and practice. We recognize that the coverage of the term performance has broadened to include power consumption and reliability, and that performance modeling is practiced through analytical methods and approaches based on software tools and simulators.
We encourage submissions in the following areas:
- Performance modeling, analysis, and prediction of applications and high-performance computing systems
- Novel techniques and tools for performance evaluation and prediction
- Advanced simulation techniques and tools
- Micro-benchmarking, application benchmarking and tracing
- Performance-driven code optimization and scalability analysis
- Verification and validation of performance models
- Benchmarking and performance analysis of novel hardware
- Performance concerns in software/hardware co-design
- Tuning and auto-tuning of HPC applications and algorithms
- Benchmark suites
- Performance visualization
- Real-world case studies
- Studies of heterogeneous architectures and many-core accelerators
Work which examines similar topics will also be considered.
Information on how to submit a paper including correct formatting, page length etc can be found here.
Important Workshop Dates
- August 31st 2020 (23:59 AoE) - Full Paper Submissions
- October 5th 2020 - Full Paper Notifications
- September 28th 2020 (23:59 AoE) - Late Breaking and Short Paper Submissions
- October 9th 2020 - Late Breaking and Short Paper Notifications
- October 12th 2020 - Camera Ready Papers Due
- November 16th 2020 - PMBS20 Workshop
PMBS19 [Website] [Proceedings] (Denver, CO)
PMBS18 [Website] [Proceedings] (Dallas, TX)
PMBS17 [Website] [Proceedings] (Denver, CO)
PMBS16 [Website] [Proceedings] (Salt Lake City, UT)
PMBS15 [Website] [Proceedings] (Austin, TX)
PMBS14 [Website] [Proceedings] (New Orleans, LA)
PMBS13 [Website] [Proceedings] (Denver, CO)
PMBS12 [Website] [Proceedings] (Salt Lake City, UT)
PMBS11 [Website] [Proceedings] (Seattle, WA)
PMBS10 [Website] [Proceedings] (New Orleans, LA)