Next: So How Do You
Up: Spot the Difference: Analysing
Previous: What is the Problem?
- The analysis of the proteins expressed by genes.
- Which is like looking at the output data instead of the program.
- There are estimated to be 1000000 proteins in humans.
- Since proteins are what we are made of, they are important in diagnosis
of all sorts of conditions.
- And in studying the efficacy of treatments.
- Which means looking for interesting differences between samples
from the same individual at different times or different individuals
at the same time.
- A typical sample from one type of cell may have up to 10000 proteins.
- The interesting ones may number from 1 to 10: it's a needle-in-a-haystack